Mark Gibbs <mgi...@gibbs.com> wrote:

Vortex

Oh.

Maybe I am missing something. I don't see people here saying the radiation
might not be extraordinary.

It might not be real, in which case it is not extraordinary. It might be an
instrument artifact.

If it is real, it is proof the effect is nuclear. If they can make it
happen every time on demand, they can show it to people. That might
convince many fence-sitting potential friends of cold fusion. That would be
great!

It may not have much connection with the heat -- for example, it might be
anticorrellated. That would okay. No problemo.

There are several other ways to make gamma rays. There are some cheap,
relatively simple devices that do this, such as the Farnsworth Fusor.
Perhaps that is what you mean? All of these other devices produce nuclear
reactions. No one disputes that, as far as I know.