> On Dec 19, 2013, at 1:45, John Franks <jf27...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If CF is real, why doesn't it occur in white dwarves with their high
> temperature and pressure electron degenerate matter?

This is an interesting thought experiment.  But it begs three questions:

* Does the effective pressure created by the lattice spacing in the host metal
force the hydrogen into fusing? I think this hypothesis was abandoned a long
time ago by most people.

* Does electron degenerate matter share the critical parameters that are in the
environments in which excess heat is observed? My initial assumption is that it
would not, but this is all speculative.

* Is cold fusion *not* occurring on white dwarves?  You made an initial pass at
a prima facie case that it is not, but the arguments for and against are quite
speculative at this point (e.g., re blackbody radiation).

Eric