To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2014 3:03 PM
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Spin this ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Cook

I first did NMR experiments in my senior year, 1961, at Ed's alma mater...

With that kind of NMR experience, Bob, perhaps you can help me out with
this. We could be on the door steps of locating a missing piece of the
puzzle connecting LENR to NMR.

The devil is in the details. I've stumbled upon what could be an important
reference to the "Stark shift" in hydrogen at 429 kHz. That is unlikely to
be a coincidence with the SJ presentation.

The Stark effect is the electric analogue of the Zeeman effect where a
spectral line is split into several components due to the presence of a
magnetic field. It is mentioned in Randell Mills work, and it has Rydberg
values written all over it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stark_effect

Of course, many in LENR look at Mills' work as little more than a
predecessor state or transitory condition which leads to LENR, and one which
is perhaps not even exothermic on its own. It therefore must progress to
something nuclear to achieve thermal gain. That lack of full understanding
is why BLP has been unable to show anything more interesting than
spot-welder "firecrackers" in 2014.

But this finding of Steven Jones - of an RF signature at ~430 kHz coincident with a large energy spike in LENR could be a smoking gun which opens up the
entire field to a higher level of understanding.

The obvious next step - when one knows the signature for gain (assuming this
is it) - is to apply input power at that frequency (or maybe a quarter wl)
and look for positive feedback.

After all the surname of NMR is resonance. Heck, we could be looking an
"inverse Mossbauer effect" in 61 Ni.