The HPG (or more recently known as N-Machine or SPG) is a provocative idea
that still defies conventions. I still haven't seen it fully verified to my
satisfaction (even after extensive funding for DePalma in late 80s early
90s plus two independent evaluations). I think there is something very
profound to learn from its operation, but whether it is a true over unity
device is still an open question. The second evaluator (Stanford Emeritus
Professor) was critical of DePalma's measurements, but said he noticed a
number of anomalous properties outside the current paradigm of electrical
engineering. He basically said it was worthy of more study and was not
disproven.