On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This article says the Leaf electric car is selling well in Atlanta:

There are 4 in my office parking lot.

> I talked to a fellow who has one. He says it takes forever to recharge with
> a 120 VAC plug but he doesn't care. He lets it sit overnight recharging. The
> 240 V charger is not expensive.

Not using 240 V affects the lifetime of the batteries.  The higher
voltage allows for cell equalization cycles.  Without periodic
equalization the internal resistance of the battery increases due to
varying cell voltages in the array.

> The fourth or fifth place I
> called finally had one so I had to go to Cheshire Bridge Road, which is a
> seedy nearby neighborhood filled with strip joints with comical names. The
> web site says the place is "next door to the Terrific Package Store."

Hey, that's where I work!  Well, not in the strip joints ("Adult
entertainment.  Entrance in rear." touts one sign.)  But, my office is
a mile away on Piedmont Rd.