Mark--

Are you the Mark, Fischbach addresses several times in his presentation?

Bob
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark Jurich
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2014 10:48 PM
  Subject: [Vo]:Re: LENR on the sun

       Bob Cook wrote:

       | The bigger question is how would neutrinos change the half life of a
nucleus in any case?
       | The reaction cross section must be very small.

       | Has Frishbach suggested any mechanism for the change in decay rate?

  ...At approximately the 29 minute mark of the previously posted video, he
makes a rather provocative suggestion: Spin-dependent long range force coupling
to neutrinos (and the last question asked after the talk is relevant to that
suggestion):

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzOOkR3a4vM

  ... Many of the slides for the presentation can be found here:

  http://moriond.in2p3.fr/J11/transparents/fischbach.pdf

  This is rather old stuff, actually.  If you head to arXiv and fish out the
latest papers authored by Fischbach, you can catch up on latest in the nuclear
decay rate situation.  I’m not aware of any further suggestions made by this
collaboration of researchers.  Some further info on possible refutations are
touched upon, here:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N76lx-4fN-g

  Since this effect has apparently also been seen with Alpha Decay, it has
raised more questions concerning suggestions such as Fischbach, et al.’s,
above...

  ... The suggestion of a direct or catalytic effect had been made by
Falkenberg back in 2001 (don’t think he’s the first to suggest this):

  http://redshift.vif.com/JournalFiles/V08NO2PDF/V08N2FAL.pdf

  The aphelion/perihelion solar neutrino flux variation is about +/- 3.2 or
3.3% and the effect he saw with tritium was +/- 0.37% or about 1/9th the
variation.  That data was taken in the 1981 timeframe.

  - Mark Jurich