Mark and Bob probably got more out of this paper than I did. However, this
article from Physics Web about "Negative resistance" in a 2D electron gas may
answer one question (about how growing impedance is avoided in spinplasmonics)

http://www.intalek.com/Index/News/PhysicsWeb%20-%20Negative%20resistance%20found%20in%202D%20electron%20gas.htm

Spinplasmonics, as I understand it, would be a 2D phenomenon which can force a
1D reaction. The detail that seems to be most applicable to a spinplasmonics
explanation for LENR would be where there is IR semi-coherency in the reactor
(instead of having a laser, as in the paper). We have called this "triple
coherency" in the past although it is more like superradiance than real
coherence.

This would replace a laser with internal wave alignment of light (photons),
magnetism (electron spin), and temperature (phonon excursion); where we seem to
be setting the stage for gain with dense hydrogen as the exchange medium. The
most feasible frequency that triple coherency can operate at is the tens of
THz, since temperature is the defining limitation.

The resultant gain could be nuclear, but it does not have to be if there is an
easier route based on pushing formerly 3D particles into 1-space via triple
coherency.

If the particle is the DDL state of hydrogen, which has an effective magnetic
field in the millions of Tesla, then spinplasmonics seems to accomplish this
task elegantly via spin coupling.

(which pleases the spin freaks :)