In Mills' previous public demonstration of detonation of wet particles, he
showed calorimetry being done.  I pointed out at the time that the
calorimetry appeared to be flawed because he failed to account for the
difference in ejecta in the actual and baseline cases.  He showed by
calorimetry, a COP of about 2 at the time (though, with proper accounting
of ejecta, the result would have been less).  His claim was that this
excess energy was high enthalpy and would be converted at near 100%
efficiency to electricity using a MHD converter.  I pointed out many flaws
in the design of his MHD and that it would be unlikely to work at even 1%
conversion efficiency.

Note that the calorimetry showed in the demo would have included all of the
radiative outputs of the reaction (at least up to about 10 keV), and even
then he only got a best case COP of 2 (and it was probably less).  The
radiative portion of the output in the range of reasonable solar cell
efficiency is unlikely to be more than about 25% of the total energy his
reaction produced.  If the solar cells were to collect 100% of this and
have 30% conversion efficiency, the COP would be 0.15.  More likely, the
COP would be less than 0.1, pretty much a non-starter from the beginning.

What is the motivation to do this experiment?  Unless Mills can demonstrate
a much higher COP to optical photons, this will never be gainful.

Bob Higgins