I have no problem with Storms’ theory as it relates to Pd-D. He is the
leading expert on that field - and we can completely ignore Pd-D in the
rest of this discussion, insofar as it relates to my criticism of this book.

OK. Fair enough. I do think a number of people don't make that distinction.

They are worlds apart in almost every physical property, especially
magnetic and nuclear properties. You should look at protium as being a
completely different *element* insofar as LENR is concerned. I can offer
you dozens if not hundreds of physical and QM properties that are vastly
different between the two. Please take the time to appreciate how profound
are these differences.

Yes, fair enough. But in many cases, under the umbrella of a general
process, such as traditional nuclear reactions, despite the difference, the
different isotopes all tend to follow the same general script in terms of
how a reaction path progresses and generates effects. Even though
fracto-fusion and plasma fusion occur in much different ways for example,
in both cases we still follow the script kinetically-imposed collisions of
hydrogen or deuterium and achieving nuclear products. I therefore don't
think its lunacy at all to propose that a common mechanism works across all
LENR systems. I also don't think your position is crazy, that each system
behaves differently, and in one sense that may be true, but I believe that
is as much a speculative claim as Ed's.

Are we all not on thin ice? My only question is: Who's on the thinnest ice?
All of this s a gambling proposition at this point, and nothing is certain,
so I don't think repeating it "ad nauseum" is annoying or pointless,
because it draws the distinction between two philosophical points of view
when it comes to the effect.