Kivin--

My grasp is based on intuition--not existing theory.  I happen to agree with
Don Hodson’s concern about basic physics teachings that do not account for the
energy associated with spin in the mass of the proton and other particles.
Spin energy has always been neglected in my opinion in nuclear energy
calculations.

I think there is a lot of data that show spin energy is quantized and
associated with angular momentum, and maybe linear momentum as well--I do not
know.  Plank’s constant connects spin angular momentum with linear momentum of
a particle via the particles wave function frequency.  Most people assume that
momentum and kinetic energy are connected, even at relativistic conditions.

Bob

Sent from Windows Mail