I asked Axil and Vortex whether Carbon in a Microwave transmutes.
Axil's answer was a link to a paper from 1994 showing that it could.
http://aflb.ensmp.fr/AFLB-297/aflb297m329.pdf

Given: Nano powder LENR experiments appear difficult to recreate.
And: Carbon in a microwave is said to produce transmutations within minutes.
Why doesn't the open source community take up some basic experiments.
Which elements transmute? How? Into? Under what conditions? Byproducts?
Isn't gamma-free transmutation the holy grail of LENR research?

This company, Blue Eagle claims to be producing gold by microwaving
crushed recycled glass bottles.

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Albrecht/2014-06-04-Gold-Created-Through-Advanced-Metallurgy.html
Video: https://vimeo.com/90037448
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=277243
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-Eagle-Refiners-Inc/208191665995809

Yes, they are seeking investors. Yes it is probably crazy. But.. If
carbon transmutes into myriad elements, why is this preposterous?

To me, it seems like a series of experiments could be carried out dirt
cheap, assuming you have access to some kind of before/after analysis.
With each transmutation success, parameters can be altered and recorded.

By the way, just sticking carbon in the microwave will produce hot
plasma capable of destroying pyrex glassware.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q176cmHGywo
Next time I'll try a ChemGlass pressure vessel.

- Brad