Jack,

You may wish to do a little more research on Mills' technique and this
welder before buying.  I recall (but cannot find the reference at the
moment) that Mills claimed that at least 4.5V was needed to split the water
into monatomic H ions.  The spec for this spot welder is 2.5V, but I don't
imagine that is the maximum voltage - it may just be the voltage at which
it peaks at 3200 amps.  Initially, like most welders, the voltage may be
higher and as the plasma and melt forms, it drops to the lower voltage.

I think part of Mills' technology is packaging the water in a way, that as
the plasma forms, the resistance is such that the voltage is still greater
than 4.5V.  That is why he is claiming he needs 5V for his apparatus.
 Titanium may be used for keeping the voltage high enough in the arc.
 Also, the gap and pellet size may be chosen to maintain the voltage in the
arc high enough for the disassociation he claims is required.

Bob Higgins