In the diagram in the TechCrunch article,  they talk about fusing deuterium
and helium.  A deuterium-deuterium fusion would produce copious neutrons
and is highly undesirable.  They want charged particles to enable direct
conversion to electrical.  The Wikipedia page says they have published
something about deuterium and helium-3 fusion, which Wikipedia says is an
improbable commercial reaction due to limited availability of helium-3.  In
the TechCrunch article, the diagram shows extraction of helium(-3?) from
the exhaust for injection as fuel.  What I don't understand is what will
PREVENT D-D fusion if the conditions are present for D-3He fusion.  In
fact, if they intend to breed 3He, then it seems there will be other
reactions going on that probably will not be aneutronic.  It sounds like a
pretty neutronic mess to me, and I don't think I would want to be anywhere
near the ongoing experiments.

Bob