Jones,

I don't understand the basis for this "conclusion".  It is well known that
muons catalyze fusion to a reasonably high rate and that the primary reason
is Coulombic screening to a much smaller inter-nuclear separation due to
the fact that the muon orbital radius is so much smaller than the electron
orbital radius.  We also know that DDL state hydrogen (if it exists) would
have a much smaller orbital radius than that of the muonic orbital.  Thus,
a DDL state hydrogen will be screened to much closer separation than a
muonic pair and would be more likely to fuse with another like DDL hydrogen
than a muonic isotope (but it doesn't have a catalytic action like the
muon).  If a DDL molecule of HH, HD, DD, etc forms, fusion is highly
probable.

If we presume that the f/H Mills' states form, it is a separate question
whether these atoms will fuse because the intermediate f/H radii are not as
small as the ~1/137 DDL state.  However, if you have an engine that can
crank the atoms into the f/H states, could not that same engine keep
ratcheting the atoms down in fraction/size toward that ultimate DDL state?
 The NAE (engine) that Storms proposes, would be a match made in heaven for
this type of ratcheting down in size.  Further, because the atoms would be
part of a multi-H chain, the formation of the molecular species is highly
likely and the molecules could be ratcheted down in fraction in lock step
with the assembly radiating away the energy at each step.

It is interesting that the Dirac equation doesn't seem to predict the
intermediate f/H eigenvalues that Mills predicts.  One interesting thought
is that the intermediate f/H states may only be a property of the
fractional molecular form.  I have not seen that anyone has calculated the
eigenvalues of the more complicated 4-body problem of molecular H from a
Dirac-like formulation.  The calculation would have to be formulated
without simplifying assumptions and then the eigenvalues would have to be
calculated without simplifications that could obscure unexpected states.
 This would probably best be tested by using a computer to evaluate the
solution space numerically without simplifying assumptions.

Bob Higgins