Jones,

I think you may be mis-identifying the effects of the magnetic field in a
DDL atom.  By the same token that the interior magnetic field would
increase as the electron orbital radius shrinks, the external magnetic
field shrinks as r^-3 as r gets bigger.  Thus, at the normal atomic radius,
the magnetic field will be largely the same for a DDL as a normal ground
state hydrogen.

When it comes to affecting the approach of two DDL atoms, the magnetic
field dipole would cause the two atoms to align N pole to S pole and may
cause them to bind!  Further, and I would have to think about this more
carefully, if the interior magnetic field is increased, it may increase the
coupling between the nucleus and the electron - could that possibly allow
energy exchange between the electron and the nucleus?  Could the enhanced
magnetic field attraction help initiate a cold fusion?

I certainly don't think the possibility of fusion is dead.  I absolutely do
NOT discount helium formation in deuterium LENR.  The Arata work shows 4He
forming in a clean deuterium gas LENR cell using zirconia - Pd nanopowders.
 To get measurable 4He you need significant D-D fusion to have occurred.
 DDL without fusion cannot explain this.

That doesn't mean that other DDL effects may not be occurring and these may
be used just as we use other chemical energy.  Of course, this is exactly
what Mills is trying to leverage.  Getting 100x or 1000x over existing
chemical reactions would be hugely beneficial.  However, LENR at 1,000,000x
would be even better.

Bob Higgins

P.S.: Terry, Thank you for posting Vavra's presentation.