The SPP's not only focus magnetic photons, it also focuses virtual photons.

Virtual photons create the magnetic field that define the rate of nuclear
decay. Usually, the vacuum produces a fixed average rate of virtual photon
production. So the rate of radioactive decay is stable.

When the SPP focuses virtual photons into a small volume, the rate of
radioactive decay increases a lot.

This answers why there is no radioactive byproducts produced in LENR.

The Rate of photon production is increased in the same way through
focusing, so the chance that a meson is produced by magnetic interaction
with the proton goes up a lot. The two photon reactions both real and
virtual are directly proportional.

So if radioactive half-life in reduced though virtual particle production,
the rate(probability) of meson production is  increased proportionally as
demonstrated by the same concurrent photon focusing mechanism.

There is always a chance that a meson is created from the vacuum.

Magnetic focusing also increases the  chance of seeing a whopper of a
virtual energy increase in the proton so meson production goes way up
too. This increased chance of a large virtual energy contribution per unit
time also increases the chances for meson creation.