On 28/08/2014 10:38 PM, Jojo Iznart wrote:
My friend, caterpillars turning to butterflies are not micro-evolution, that is normal development associated with butterflies.
You think I don't know that!? Why don't you read what I wrote - hint look for the "If" at the beginning of the sentence.
*From:* jwin...@cyllene.uwa.edu.au <mailto:jwin...@cyllene.uwa.edu.au>

    *To:* vortex-l@eskimo.com <mailto:vortex-l@eskimo.com>
    *Sent:* Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:07 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [Vo]:Punctuated equilibrium

    On 28/08/2014 6:22 PM, Jojo Iznart wrote:
    On 28/08/2014 11:14 AM, jwinter wrote:
    If the necessary information is present from the beginning, then
    it only needs to be triggered and it will express itself.  This
    is my suspicion of how the process might work.
    This process my friend, is called micro-evolution or variation or
    adaptation.  The genetic information required to trigger a change
    is already encoded in the DNA.  This mechanism can create large
    changes in a short time.  It does not rely on mutations.  This
    mechanism does not result in a new kind (~species).  It does not
    result in Macro-evolution.
    _If_ a species of caterpillars _which reproduced as caterpillars_,
    one day laid a batch of eggs out of which hatched butterflies
    _which then reproduced as butterflies_ (which was my example),
    there is no way that anyone in their right mind would call that
    micro-evolution!  Given that this profound level of transformation
    occurs millions of times every day within a single generation of
    many diverse species, it is _not a great stretch to imagine_ that
    this level of transformation _could also have occurred between
    generations_ in the process of speciation.  My point is that the
    information for a completely new life form can lie latent in an
    existing lifeform to suddenly appear fully formed when the trigger
    occurs - which trigger may in fact need a genuine mutation.  But
    no precursors or slow mutation and adaptation need be required.

    Such a process would embarrass the evolutionists because they can
    find no fossil record of transitional forms.  It would also
    embarrasses the honest creationists because all the dating and
    genetics would point to the first species (caterpillars) giving
    rise to the second (butterflies).  If such a mechanism existed and
    acted, it would be the perfect producer of the effect known as
    "punctuated equilibrium" - and as I understand it, is what the
    fossil evidence largely points to.