Well, as I went back and checked, it was the earlier paper Focardi wrote
describing Piantelli's Ni-H experiments where Focardi reported substantial
gamma.  You talk about a Mizuno "hero" experiment where Mizuno reports 108
MJ, in this Focardi paper, Piantelli had one experiment over 900 MJ and
another with 600 MJ, and gamma was detected both.  There were no
radioactive ingredients in these experiments. The paper is:

   - "Overview of H-Ni Systems: Old Experiments and New Setup"; E. Campari,
   S Focardi, V. Gabbani, V. Montalbanco, F. Piantelli, S. Veronesi; ~2004

Also see this paper where the experimenters went to great length to protect
themselves from previously detected radiation and measures the gamma
spectrum:

   - "Evidence of electromagnetic radiation from Ni-H Systems"; S. Focardi,
   V. Gabbani, V. Montalbano, F. Piantelli, S. Veronesi; 2004

In Focardi's 2010 paper with Rossi, Focardi describes the reactor as being
"suitably lead shielded".  Obviously from Focardi's previous experience,
the lead was added.  It was not a desirable component, but deemed
necessary.  In this paper, Focardi describes one of the long tests of
Rossi's early reactors as producing 4774 kWH of excess heat - approx.
17,000 MJ.  Dwarfing what is done by Piantelli and Mizuno.  There was no
mention made of radioactive ingredients.  That paper is:

   - "A new energy source from nuclear fusion"; S. Focardi and A. Rossi;
   3/22/2010

I think there is still another paper, but I will have to dig deeper in my
archives.  Clearly, gamma HAS been detected coincident with huge ("hero")
excess heat in Ni-H systems.

Yes, I am quite aware that some researchers have salted their experiments
with radioactive isotopes.  I also know that Dennis Cravens sometimes use
thorium oxide for that purpose (he showed me his jar).  That doesn't mean
that Piantelli or Rossi did.  In analysis of the Rossi ash by Kullander and
Essen, a heavy radioisotope would absolutely have been detected - and it
wasn't.

I never said radioisotopes were never used by anyone.  I just claimed it
was "Bozo speculation" to say that Rossi uses a radioisotope.  Maybe "Bozo"
is mean, but I meant it to be because I believe it to be totally unfounded
and defamatory to Rossi (it will affect the perception of what he has).

Now you show me the reports and evidence that Rossi *does* use a
radioisotope in his system.

Time for dinner.  :)

Bob Higgins