On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is such a concept in the toolbox of the professionals that perform
> calorimetry? Are there any pitfalls in this idea? Is this idea an
> improvement over the demo procedures that have been done for the Ni/H
> reactors up to now?

I'm no one to give advice on calorimetry.  But I recall discussions here
and elsewhere mentioning two approaches that sound vaguely related to this:

   - Sparging the steam into a barrel of water and measuring the delta T of
   the water.
   - Using a heat exchanger to heat a working fluid and measuring the
   flow-rate and delta T of the working fluid.

I mention these approaches not as advice, but in the hopes that someone can
expand upon or correct them.  (Perhaps a metering pump would not be needed
in the case of sparging into a barrel of water.)

Eric