H Veeder <hveeder...@gmail.com> wrote:

Evidently top honours went to the "forbidden energy" prize:​

> http://www.xprize.org/ideas/visioneering
>
> but as Bob says the final decision has yet to be announced.

Ah. So the Visioneering meeting is part of the Xprize organization. It is
informal. The winner by audience vote was  "Forbidden Energy" which could
well be construed to mean cold fusion. This may influence the selection of
prizes, but the people in charge of Xprize are not obligated to implement
the winner.

I think I get it. "Forbidden Energy" has not yet shown up in the list of
present prizes, future prizes, or prize concepts, but it may yet show up.
It takes a while for it to work through the system.

This was in May 2014. I wonder how long it takes for the organization to
decide. When, if ever, might this suggestion show up as an Xprize?

I guess the thing to do is to keep an eye on the web site. Plus I think I
will contact them, and say what I just wrote in this message. I will ask
them if I understand the situation correctly.