Hi all

If the mention of Neutron emission by "Paul" on e-catworld is correct; then
is Rossi fully vindicated by the Goldilocks nature of LENR in his choice of
an Edisonian approach to LENR development?

I say Goldilocks nature of LENR because I conjecture that control of the
Neutron emission is the key to maintaining an LENR.

I think Rossi's catalyst forms an important part of the NAE and may sustain
it with ionised emissions from an absorber or more likely moderate i,t
keeping the Neutron flow even, this is standard for a hot fission reactor
so I see no reason LENR would be any different.

As water acts as a general Neutron absorber/moderator it may also explain
why the F/P water based reaction was not as successful.

TOO HOT! if the Neutrons are too fast they escape the reactor/NAE producing
Gamma bursts outside the reactor vessel and starving the reactor of
Neutrons the equivalent of a car backfiring and the reaction shuts down.

TOO COLD! Not enough Neutrons or too slow to sustain the reaction or they
all get absorbed in a moderator and the reaction starves of power and
stalls like a car without enough gas.

JUST SO and the Neutron emissions are constant and steady and the reaction
cruises along.

This Goldilocks zone would explain why so much LENR research is so hit and
miss.

On the Catalyst

I think moderation is the key. Graphite and Beryllium or maybe a
Hydrocarbon are the catalyst and provide that even Neutron flow that I
think is key to a sustained repeatable LENR.

Boron or Lithium could act as absorbers that then emit ionised particles at
a lower than hot fusion or normal fission energy level; then they may be
part of the heat production system. And may be part of the Catalyst, maybe
both processes are required.

I speculate that once again granular size and percentage in the mix of
moderators/absorbers are key. That we are looking at a bell curve of NAE's
in a reactor mass and that the mix of catalyst in the Nickel shifts the
Neutron production either way, fast or slow.

I submit that Rossi's Edisonian approach to the field is what has allowed
him to discover the LENR Goldilocks zone.

Kind Regards walker