Well, of course, natural behavior trumps any model.  If you have watched
the Nova program, "Monster of the Milky Way", (an outstanding show), you
will see the well founded data that there is a million+ solar mass dark
object of some kind in the center of our galaxy.  This is measured by the
highly kinked star orbits looping around the unseen object (you can see the
phenomenal orbits in this show).  So, it is clear that extreme mass dark
objects CAN form.  What happens inside the event horizon of such objects is
still up for grabs, but obviously this object did not radiate away all of
its mass in a radiant explosion.  There may be no singularity inside the
event horizon - the physics inside does not obey our known laws, and in
some similarity to the nucleus of the atom, the nature of the inside of the
event horizon is nearly impossible to probe.

Bob Higgins