James Bowery <jabow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ... It is not possible to tell at an early stage without extensive testing
>>

> And:
>
> 1) They are shedding virus during this stage
> 2) There has been no mention of flu season in CDC documents about Ebola

Of course they are concerned about the similarity! They have discussed this
in the news. They recommended everyone get a vaccination, as I just said.

> 3) Let alone a model put forth of the impact of this on containment.

Do you think the public would understand the model? Do you expect them to
work a miracle by coming up with a magic method of instantly determining it
is ebola?

If you are a qualified expert I expect the CDC people working on models
will share their data and findings. You should not expect them to drop what
they are doing to put a technical analysis on a web site for your benefit.
For that matter, it might be out there somewhere already, even if you have
not found it. I am sure that doctors and medical researcher who call them
are given web page links as needed.

> If you know those guys and respect them, give one of them a call and do it
> ASAP.

They are doing the best that anyone can. You seem to be demanding the
impossible.

Anyway, the news reports that someone in the U.S. just came down with ebola
in Texas. The patient has been isolated. It has probably not spread. The
two patients brought back from Africa and treated in Atlanta did not infect
anyone, and they have both been discharged. They are still recovering but
they are in no danger and there is no danger they will spread the disease.
What more can you demand?