http://www.jupiterscientific.org/sciinfo/bosonsfermions.html

Elementary particles such as electrons, quarks, neutrinos, protons and
neutrons are fermions. Photons are examples of bosons. Elementary particles
have an intrinsic spin or turning motion, which must be a multiple of 1/2
due to quantum mechanics. Bosons are particles with integer spin such as 0,
1, 2, and so on. Fermions are particles with half-integer spin such as 1/2,
3/2, 5/2, and so on. A particle with spin 0 does not spin at all. Since
electrons, quarks, neutrinos, protons and neutrons have spin 1/2, they are
fermions.

A bound state  consisting of two fermions is a boson because the spins of
the two fermions add or subtract to give an integer spin. For example, a
bound state of two quarks has spin 1 if the two quarks spin in the same
direction. If they spin in opposite directions, the spins subtract and the
bound state has spin 0. In either case, a boson is obtained. In general, a
bound state of an even number of fermions is always a boson. For example,
since the helium-4 nucleus consists of four fermions -- two protons and two
neutrons, it is a boson.

In general, a bound state of an odd number of fermions is always a fermion.
For example, since the helium-3 nucleus consists of three fermions -- two
protons and one neutron, it is a fermion. A bound state of any number of
bosons is always a boson because you can never add or subtract integers to
obtain a half-integer.

It follows that if LENR can only occurs in a nucleus with zero spin,
therefore, the LENR capable nucleus must be a boson. Ni62 and Ni64 are
bosons and can form a BEC. Ni61 is not LENR capable and is a fermion.

LENR might occur in a spin condensate where all the spins aline in a
specific direction to project a magnetic field at a distance. LENR might
involve Bose-Einstein Condensation in a Quantum Spin System.