his objection on triac can be ignored.
powermeter are designed for much more complex waveform than triphase triac.
they can manage polyphase synchronous rectifiers.
PCE830 analyse harmonics up to number 99, band with is many kHz...
moreover the testers brought other instruments, and had total and exclusive
control on the wiring and positioning... no stage magic possible on that.

my guess  about the alumina  transmissivity point is that I cannot laugh at
it because I'm not competent enough.

I just suspect that colorimetry , even when not precise propose a monotoous
relation between temperature and color, assuming the material don't change.

only point is transmittance change , for example by changing the source of
heat (as if you change from e 100W white bulb to a 100W red bulb).

anyway my wildcard argument is that you don't let 7 physicist attacked by a
herd of mindguard, alone with your stage magic, you magic hat and you magic
rabbits, during 32 days...

even if it is an error, it cannot be  stage magic.
and if it is not stage magic, it cannot be an error from the data we have.