done, not much point in doing more exhaustive calculations without better
knowledge of construction and dimensions, but the big guess with regard to
wire area doesn't make much if any difference considering nature of black
body cavity receiving surface that is inner wall of finned tube.  I think
the conclusion that the finned wall is only around 1000°C is pretty strong,
so I'll be interested to see what if any response or objections are stacked
up.

I am hugely excited about the prospects of LENR - and actually stand to do
very well commercially from it, but this first-principles evaluation of the
Lugano test makes it look like it was another bust with at best very low
COP :(

A curse upon perpetrators of poor calorimetry!