On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

No matter how strongly you believe in the phenomenon of LENR, and I’m
> firmly in that camp – bad actors should be weeded out. Rossi is a bad actor
> here ...

This is the same conclusion that Krivit has come to, and that Pomp and Mary
Yugo and many others have come to.  All on the basis of the most
circumstantial of evidence.  My theory -- these folks are not comfortable
with ambiguity and gaps in one's knowledge.  There is a burning desire to
fill in the gaps, even when the information necessary to do so is
incomplete or unavailable.  The temptation to take short cuts to get to
some kind of certainty must be so overwhelming to these people that they do
not realize they're doing it.

Eric