On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Bob Higgins <rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Once the Li is a thin alloy film on the Ni particle surfaces which are
> catalyzed to produce a LENR reaction, the Li may then be a participant in
> the LENR in condensed matter form as opposed to being a participant in
> vapor phase form.

I think you've hit upon an important question that has come up recently --
is a condensed matter phase needed in some form to get LENR to work?  If
not, there will have been a lot of theorizing over the years for naught.
My working assumption now is that there is no such need, and LENR will work
in pure gas phase systems as well, although I do think that an explanation
should also account for LENR working in a solid state system.

Eric