Peter Amstutz wrote:
> Just wanted to mention, I reached a milestone tonight.  Although I
> haven't gotten ter'angreal compiled, I do now have a working version of
> vostest (the sample vos app in CS) that was built with Visual Studio 8.
> This means we're in very good shape supporting this compiler and build
> system.
>
> I've also got vostest working built with MingW.  I should have
> Ter'Angreal built quite soon.
>
> So we are in very good shape for Windows support in the next version.
> The remaining task is going to be updating the build documentation so
> that hopefully others can follow what I've done.
>
> This means we're feature complete for 0.23.0.  Perhaps there will be a
> Christmas release of VOS?  :-)
>
> Reed, anything you can think of that would hold back a new release, or
> do you think we're good to go?  A few weeks of testing and documentation
> and then go?

I noticed that you shifted some tasks for 0.23 on the Wiki RoadMap (well
maybe more accurately, inserted 0.23 and renumbered the others?) so
unless there are any small bits left to do, no.

Here's the top of the bug list:
http://interreality.org/cgi-bin/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=enhancement&priority=ASAP&priority=next+minor+version&priority=next+major+version&priority=this+year&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

(Some of these are already scheduled for future versions, or could be
though.)

I'll have to check if I comitted some changes I made to mesh to make
chatting work, and if there are still any bugs left with that.

I don't think I've managed to build Ter'Angreal recently (just vostest)
so let me give that a shot and see if there are any small modifications
I have lying around that I haven't finished.  Can you give us a
timestamp for a CrystalSpace CVS checkout that you're using?

Then, we need to go through all of the tutorials, tests, python tests,
and other apps and make sure they work, do a pass at the documentation
searching for TODO items and innacuracies.  I might add a few more FAQ
entries (I think I emailed you about one?).

Reed