Hi,

yup, I agree, I downloaded SL cause everyone was telling me of
'dead-end' vrml tech, so I wanted to check the hype:
I was very surprized that they even have no shadows, which I thought they
would have.
Textures look often shabby, most of their 'houses' look like boxes, their
'trees' flow in the sky, not on ground.
I guessed lots of people there, but so far I found round 20 in the start
place, which cybertown had in better times too.

As people wrote on VRML/X3D -list, the client in open source is only the
useless part when you have a server-client system.

Well,
I still hope VOS will make a vrml2vos convertor some time...

CU
        hermetic