Funny... always before, VOS basically was a system for object state
replication. However, what you describe sounds more like a publish-
subscribe system! I wonder whether this paradigm shift is truly
intended? Or is the "subscription" just a way of optimizing network
traffic?

Also, I don't quite understand the way this is supposed to be
implementated. Does every vobject have to understand the subscription
language, restricting the updates it generates? Or do they behave as
before, but the site filters updates by subscription before sending
them over the network?

Regards,
Karsten Otto (kao)