Thanks for writing up your thoughts.  How important do you think it is to define
specific interfaces for MVC?

One thing I started doing for S4 was a library called "vos toolbox" that as a
set of tools, mostly in the form of listener classes and metaobject classes,
that can be used to translate events from one group of vobjects into actions
applied to another - i.e. they could be used as building blocks in implementing
MVC controllers.   There are a few checked in to the s4 repository (some that do
math or reformat property values), and I have more ideas listed at
http://interreality.org/wiki/ApplicationVosToolbox

Reed