Yet, you didn't address my actual point ;-)

I know what site IDs are supposed to be for.  My question is -- do we
really want libraries to "ship" as a separate site each?  I realise the
key space is pretty large, so "polluting" it is probably no big deal, but
I see no big advantage in this case.  (You would need to ship the private
key, anyway, right?)

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----