On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 03:20:17PM -0700, Dave Margolis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running both Thunderbird and Firefox under Kubuntu (Dapper).
> Thunderbird is assuming Konqueror as the default browser.  Thunderbird
> doesn't appear have a setting for this (as far as I know; the setting
> may be buried in T-Bird's about:config panel or may be right in front of
> me in the preferences).  Under System Settings / KDE Components / Web
> Browser I have 'In the following browser: /usr/bin/firefox' specified
> (though this setting is supposed to be specific to KDE apps so should
> have no effect on this issue).
>
> Anyway, this is a relatively minor GUI annoyance, but if anybody knows
> what to do, please let me know.

Here are a couple things you could check:

 - Do you have BROWSER set in your environment?
 - What is the output of "namei x-www-browser"?

If x-www-browser appears to point at conquerer, you'll want to do a:
  sudo update-alternatives --config x-www-browser

Also, a suggestion in
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/mozilla-thunderbird/+bug/31841
was to perform "sudo dpkg-reconfigure mozilla-thunderbird" and pick
"GNOME"

--
HTH,
Micah J. Cowan