Hi,

> One possible solution is:
>
> Two radios in your WRAP, one 5GHz for the backhaul (Master or Managed)
> and one 2.4GHz for the local AP.   Don't know if you have the
> radios/antennas for an 11 mi 5GHz link.  Another option is to look into
> the new 900MHz radios for your backhaul.

That is what I want to do. I have really big dishes for the 5ghz link and a good fade margin already. I also have a 2.4ghz card to act as the AP with a little panel antenna. What I am confused about is how to set the interfaces up using just one board.

> Also, while not recommended by some, it is possible to run two 2.4GHz
> radios on a single WRAP with one as backhaul and the other as AP.  Be
> prepared for some throughput loss and absolutely run as channels 1 & 11
> to minimize the radio interference.
>
> Is bridging a hard and fast requirement?  Routing will give much better
> control over your traffic and makes things a lot easier.  I have also
> found that if there is any problem in your bridge configuration you can
> end up with no access via ethernet whereas a static IP on the port is
> fairly bullet proof as far as assuring you a reliable access on reboot.

The backhaul needs to be bridged, I need to see the MAC address that are comming across it. I suppose I could forgo that requirment if it really is easier to route it. I can mess with the MAC's at the router at the far side of the backhaul. The AP does not need to be bridged but that is how I have always done it. So mostly what I need is idea on how everything needs to be setup maybe with an example so I can copy it and put in my own IP's.

> Getting even more weird...
>
> If you are running POE on your wire to the roof, you could put 48v on it
> and then do a DC-DC conversion on the roof to feed multiple WRAPs and a
> switch.  The higher voltage would keep the current down and allow a
> higher total power availability to handle the multiple devices on the
> roof.
>
> With multiple WRAPs, you can largely avoid the interference problems
> caused by two radios on the same board plus isolate your customers from
> direct access to the backhaul.

What I have now which is really weird is I have a 2 port WRAP running 18v PoE acting as a router/AP then another 1 port wrap acting as the backhaul. It gets its power from the DC jack off of the two port wrap. It is not pretty and needs to be fixed up.