Punky,

I am putting this Etch build through tests just now - so far, great! It is real pleasure to not have to mix application libraries, as I had to do with the sarge voyage build. Also very nice to have the madwifi-ng in the main experimental package like this. Thanks!

To fully test, I need to build some stuff against the kernel source tree that was used to create this image. Can you point me to right file on the voyage server that has this kernel source? And if a new kernel is required by my system for some reason, is there a kernel config file you'd recommend to go along with this source package?

Cheers,

- MichaelG

Forgot one thing. It now comes with madwifi-ng 0.9.2 (r1697) module and tools.

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE wrote:
Hi all,

After sorting out all the personal affairs, I have completed a first workable version of voyage based on Debian Etch. voyage-current represents the latest development of voyage and will soon be available in daily build. From time to time, it is frozen as preview release or final release. I am now working towards a first preview release of voyage-0.3.

   http://www.voyage.hk/download/voyage/voyage-current.tar.gz

- the distro tarball is 27MB is size, 67MB installed.
- ubuntu 2.6.15 kernel
- run voyage.update in ./usr/local/sbin for installation (new voyage.update scripts by Bill)
- do not use voyage-current it in production

Next, you will be seeing kernel upgrade to ubuntu 2.6.17.

The previous release voyage-current based on Debian Sarge is now renamed to voyage-current.old.tar.gz. It will be removed from download in a week.

--
Regards,
Punky

P U N K N ! X  . c o m
Technology + Lifestyle
(http://www.punknix.com)

V O Y A G E . H K - http://www.voyage.hk
Linux - voyage-0.2 is released!
Store - Senao NMP-8602 Plus (400mW) is now in stock!