Hi Jerry,

This is the known problem in voyage-0.3pre1 as well. The problem lies on both elvis-tiny and ed. The workaround is downloading the deb package from

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/e/ed/ed_0.2-20_i386.deb

and explicity run "dpkg -i ed_0.2-20_i386.deb".

But I think you already get ethereal installed, isn't it?

Regards,
Punky

Jerry wrote:
Hello!
I have been trying to install ethereal on a voyage box so I can monitor the traffic, and see where all the connections are going... I have updated the apt thing...and ran the following: voyage:~# apt-get install ethereal
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
ethereal is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 22 not upgraded.
2 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up elvis-tiny (1.4-20) ...
update-alternatives: unable to make /usr/share/man/ru.KOI8-R/man1/vi.1.gz.dpkg-tmp a symlink to /etc/alternatives/vi.ru.KOI8-R.1.gz: No such file or directory update-alternatives: unable to make /usr/share/man/pl.ISO8859-2/man1/editor.1.gz.dpkg-tmp a symlink to /etc/alternatives/editor.pl.ISO8859-2.1.gz: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing elvis-tiny (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
Setting up ed (0.2-20) ...
sh: /usr/share/info/ed.info.gz: No such file or directory
install-info(/usr/share/info/ed.info.gz):
dpkg: error processing ed (--configure):
 elvis-tiny
 ed
voyage:~#
The first time I tried this, there was alot more output, and everything else seemed to install properly... But it ended with the same thing... so It seems to die on installing elvis. There is plenty of hard drive space available, as I installed this voyage on a 3.2G hd. The voyage is the most current from a week or so ago. (Linux 2.6.17-486-voyage) How can I get around this (or fix it) and get ethereal installed. I plan on running ethereal with a remote desktop. Thanks all Jerryf

Regards,
Punky

P U N K N ! X  . c o m
Technology + Lifestyle
(http://www.punknix.com)

V O Y A G E . H K - http://www.voyage.hk
Linux - voyage-0.2 is released!
Store - New Senao NMP-8601 and NMP-8602 (100mW) in stock!
- New low price for Senao NMP-8602 Plus (400mW)!