Hi all,

I have a local Ethernet TCP/IP network where a DHCP server is running
fine (that is, other machines get internet access via the same cable).

I managed to install Voyage Linux 0.5.2 via a Ubuntu 10.4 host system
on a 4 GB CF flash disk.

I see the device booting via serial console, /var/log/messages says
something linke: eth0: VIA Rhine III etc., so assume I got the right
driver, but I got "eth0: link down" as well.

ifconfig shows eth0, but no IP address as DHCP goes into timeout.

On the physical network there is one green LED constantly on with or
withut a cable, nothing else happens when plugging the cable in. Looks
as if there is no cable plugged in, but as I said the cable works. The
switch on the other side sees no network adapter either.

The LED next to the network socket blinks twice, about every 2 seconds.

I get the same result when I take another ALIX board (of the same type).

Any ideas what that means?

--
Kind regards
Andreas