Hi Patrick,

Remove the line "format          "44100:16:2" in ALSA configuration of
/etc/mpd.conf.  Restart mpd and see how it goes.

audio_output {
        type            "alsa"
        name            "My ALSA Device"
        device          "hw:0,0"        # optional
#       format          "44100:16:2"    # optional
#       mixer_device    "default"       # optional
#       mixer_control   "PCM"           # optional
#       mixer_index     "0"             # optional
}

Regards,