On 5/29/2012 3:30 PM, Bruno wrote:
I tried to play it via S/PDIF, and it sounds correctly. I have music files both standard and high sample rates (e.g. 44,1 - 96 and 192 kHz) but none of them play via USB output but only via S/PDIF output. I now will try to leave the O.S. on the USB stick (the CD live version) and configure it to see if in this way it sounds via USB also after reboot. I will let you know.

I have no idea why.  But since you can play via S/PDIF from the DAC, this means
mpd is able to send USB signal to the DAC.

At last, check the following /etc/mpd.conf to remove "format" line so that it
detects the bit-rate correctly:

audio_output {
        type            "alsa"
        name            "My ALSA Device"
        device          "hw:0,0"        # optional
#       format          "44100:16:2"    # optional
#       mixer_device    "default"       # optional
#       mixer_control   "PCM"           # optional
#       mixer_index     "0"             # optional
}

--
Regards,
Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
  - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
  - Voyage ONE   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-one)
  - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)