I need to used Korg AudioGate to convert the file to .dsf to resolve.

Regards,
Punky

On 4/22/2013 10:09 AM, Jim Salk wrote:
Thanks.  I was able to play DSD files with the Auralic Vega by setting the
following:

usb_dsd  "yes"
mixer_type "disabled"

However, upon occasion, if a .ddf file plays to the end, MPD freezes.  This
does not happen in mid-song, only occasionally at the very end of a file.
In a playlist, for example, it fails to go to the next selection and I have
to restart MPD.

Any thoughts?

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Voyage-linux
[mailto:voyage-linux-bounces+jsalk=salk....@list.voyage.hk] On Behalf Of
Demian Martin
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 12:16 AM
To: voyage-li...@voyage.hk
Subject: Re: [Voyage-linux] mpd.conf and DSD files

If you have MPD 17.2 or newer MPD doesn't resample but instead it repackages
the files into PCM frames using DOP when you have the following set:
        dsd_usb         "yes"         # enables DoP 1.0

It will also package DSD into PCM and send it over spdif (but only up to
192/ DSD64)

If you do not have that set and you do have the sample rate converters
enabled in mpd it will try to convert to PCM on the fly. Its obvious when
this is happening. Any of the following will be true. If you have an Alix or
an Atom processor and sinc_best is selected the system will stall. If
sinc_fastest, it will be noisy (and the Alix will still stall) if you  have
an i5/i7 at better than 2 GHz the processor use will spike near max. It
works but is not really the first choice I think.
         -Demian

Regards,
Kim-man "Punky" Tse

* Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
  - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
  - Voyage ONE   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-one)
  - Voyage MPD   (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
* Voyage Store   (http://store.voyage.hk)