The mailing list is not functioning, it is now recovered.

Source code of MPD could be found here.  It is debian source package and be
sure you know how to build it.

http://www.voyage.hk/dists/experimental/mpd/
http://www.voyage.hk/dists/experimental/mpd/mpd_0.17.6-1.dsc

It already has rt patch in MPD.

Others MPD sources could be found here:
http://www.voyage.hk/dists/0.9.bak/mpd/

What board and version of MuBox you are using? If you are talking about old CuBox, the following 2 links in cookbook might help:
http://mubox.voyage.hk/testing_kernel
http://mubox.voyage.hk/realtime_kernel

Regards,
Punky