I was able to log into a new installation from voyage-mpd-current.tar.xz as
root.  I had to change one line in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.  The line, under the
Authentication: section, originally was "PermitRootLogin without-password".  I
changed it to read "PermitRootLogin yes", the same as it read from my previous
voyage-mpd system.  A quick read of an article found on the internet implied
setting this to "yes" was a security problem.  Given that my voyage-mpd system
is visible only to my internal home network, I am not too worried about this.
If someone knows of a good discussion on how to set up better ssh security, I'd
read it.

     On Saturday, March 21, 2015 2:48 PM, Bill Wayson <bill_way...@yahoo.com>