Hi there,

... some time ago my voyage-installation got corrupted (presumably
problems with the SD-card), so I choose to re-install.

First of all I was somewhat surprised, that voyage-mubox-rpi is still
Wheezy and not yet Jessie. - I remember vaguely that I read on the list,
that there was already an update to jessie. - Strange.

Moreover, I do not get German keyboard on the console. My issue of

    # apt-get install keyboard-configuration

and the subsequent settings of a German keyboard does not lead to any
changes, not even after a re-boot. - This is strange too.

However, now we come to the real annoying issue: mpd volume control does
not get working. Both outputs (HiFi Berry DAC+ and Bluetooth Speaker)
are working and can be toggled. However, now after the re-install I seem
to have different alsa-controls. - Namely:

    # amixer controls
    numid=6,iface=MIXER,name='DSP Program'
    numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue Playback Boost Volume'
    numid=2,iface=MIXER,name='Analogue Playback Volume'
    numid=10,iface=MIXER,name='Auto Mute Mono Switch'
    numid=11,iface=MIXER,name='Auto Mute Switch'
    numid=8,iface=MIXER,name='Auto Mute Time Left'
    numid=9,iface=MIXER,name='Auto Mute Time Right'
    *numid=18,iface=MIXER,name='BT Speaker'*
    numid=7,iface=MIXER,name='Clock Missing Period'
    numid=5,iface=MIXER,name='Deemphasis Switch'
    numid=4,iface=MIXER,name='Digital Playback Switch'
    *numid=1,iface=MIXER,name='Digital Playback Volume'*
    numid=16,iface=MIXER,name='Volume Ramp Down Emergency Rate'
    numid=17,iface=MIXER,name='Volume Ramp Down Emergency Step'
    numid=12,iface=MIXER,name='Volume Ramp Down Rate'
    numid=13,iface=MIXER,name='Volume Ramp Down Step'
    numid=14,iface=MIXER,name='Volume Ramp Up Rate'
    numid=15,iface=MIXER,name='Volume Ramp Up Step'

The two bold marked entries are those of interest. In my /etc/mpd.conf I
have the following:

    mixer_type "hardware"
    [...]
    audio_output {
            type            "alsa"
            name            "HiFi-Berry DAC+"
            device          "hw:0,0"
            priority        "FIFO:32"
    #       mixer_control   "Digital Playback Volume"
    #       mixer_control   "Digital"    ### different name of control
    in alsamixer
            mixer_index     "1"
    }

    audio_output {
            type            "alsa"
            name            "TempiTec BT-Speaker"
            device          "btspeaker_softvol"
    #        mixer_control   "BT Speaker"
            mixer_index     "18"
    [...]

As you can see in the commented lines, I have already played a bit
around. - To no avail. The bluetooth speaker is defined in my
/etc/asound.conf as follows:

    pcm.!default  {
     type hw card 0
    }
    ctl.!default {
     type hw card 0
    }

    pcm.btspeaker
    {
       type plug
       slave
       {
          pcm
          {
             type bluetooth
             device 00:11:22:33:44:55
             profile "auto"
          }
       }
    }

    pcm.btspeaker_softvol
    {
       type softvol
       slave.pcm "btspeaker"
       control.name "BT Speaker"
       control.card 0
    }

    ctl.btspeaker
    {
       type bluetooth
    }

However, mpd seems to try to access in both cases a mixer control called
"PCM":

    Jan 01 00:00 : inotify: Failed to register
    /var/lib/mpd/music/media/local/lost+found: inotify_add_watch() has
    failed: Permission denied
    Jan 01 00:00 : Failed to open mixer for 'HiFi-Berry DAC+': no such
    mixer control: PCM
    Jan 01 00:00 : avahi: Service name collision, renaming service to
    'Voyage Music Player #2'
    Jan 01 00:00 : avahi: Service 'Voyage Music Player #2' successfully
    established.
    Jul 04 15:22 : Failed to open mixer for 'TempiTec BT-Speaker': no
    such mixer control: PCM

What am I missing here?
It must co-relate to the temperatures  (outside 39°C, and no A/C in the
house ...).

Thanks a lot in advance!

Stefan.

--