--- Исходное сообщение ---
От кого: "chris hermansen" <clherman...@gmail.com>
Дата: 24 декабря 2015, 21:22:20

Volodymyr and list, On Dec 24, 2015 10:00, "Volodymyr" < ur3...@ukr.net >
wrote:

> От кого: "chris hermansen" < clherman...@gmail.com >
> Дата: 24 декабря 2015, 19:11:18
>
>> Volodymyr and list,
>>
>> On Dec 24, 2015 09:07, "Volodymyr" < ur3...@ukr.net > wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello list!
>> >
>> > voyage-0.10.0
>> > Thin Client  - Wyse V90
>> > CPU: VIA C3 (C5XL - VIA Nehemiah)
>> > RAM: 256
>> > http://www.parkytowers.me.uk/thin/wyse/vx0/WyseV90.shtml
>> >
>> > Such problem: The client periodically (once a week) hangs.
>> > Logs are maintained. However, information about the problems of hang-up in
>> > the log is not saved.
>> >
>> > Why is there no information in the logs, on the causes of hangs?
>> > How is it possible to determine the cause of the hang-up?
>> >
>> > Best regards
>> > Volodymyr
>>
>> Is there a crontab entry whose timing corresponds to the hang-up? If so you
>> should check to see if it might be the cause.
>

> Hello Chris,
>

> The client, every day, is switched on via Bios at 7 am.
> Is switched off via Cron at 12 pm.
> All this time the logs are written wonderful.
> The logs are not written information from the launch to hang-up.
OK so to confirm that I understand correctly: 6 days per week the computer
starts up, writes its log files, and shuts down correctly. 1 day per week the
computer starts up, does not appear to write its log files, and hangs up. Is
that correct?
Yes. Approximately once a week. With various periodicities.

If so, have you examined the log files on "the bad day" while the computer is
running? He is not saved them in /var/log, at the time of crash.

Are you running the computer with a read-only root and using /tmp for storing
/var while running? Yes. :)

And expecting the shutdown process to copy the files in /tmp back to /var? If
so, that may be why your files appear not to be written - because they are not
copied back on shutdown. Thank you Chris! It seems so. :))
Now, I'll wait for the new crash, see the information in /tmp/var/log.

/tmp/var/log/kern.log - No information: from the "Dec 19 7:00:00" at "Dec 19
17:46:46 ". :
Dec 18 23:59:09 localhost vmunix: [64732.092133] Ebtables v2.0 unregistered
Dec 19 17:46:47 localhost vmunix: [    0.114706] ACPI: bus type PNP
unregistered
Unfortunately, I still know very little about the difference between Debian and
Voyage.  :-(