On 07-06-17 05:45, Kim-man 'Punky' TSE wrote:
Hi Erik,

Please check if this kernel (32-bit only) fix for you:

http://mirror.voyage.hk/dists/experimental/linux/linux-image-4.9.25-voyage_18.0-1_i386.deb

Thanks, but...

when I posted my messages I received error messages about the list and your account not being available. There also seemed to be hardly any work being done on Voyage Linux.

Also, I need 64-bit.

So I started with building kernel 4.9.18, which was current for Jessie at the time. I replaced your kernel package with this and that worked well. I did not use the quirks.

Then I did what I had been wanting to do for a long time, but never did since I could not justify the time, and that is investigate the Debian live build system.

The result is that I now have my own live build that produces a complete system exactly as I need it. Before that I started with Voyage and then removed what I did not need and added what I did.

In the process I also cleaned up the initramfs-tools, because that kept complaining that fsck.ext2 was not available. I did this by adding a file to config/includes.chroot/usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks with the contents below. It makes sure fsck.ext2 is included in the initramfs everytime it is rebuilt. By doing so, the system can now do a fsck on the rootfs before it is mounted.

I also improved some other parts that had some minor defects, such as "voyage-util stop" giving an error on the directories that had write access, by where not included when syncing.

----
#!/bin/sh

PREREQ=""

prereqs()
{
  echo "$PREREQ"
}

case $1 in
# get pre-requisites
prereqs)
  prereqs
  exit 0
  ;;
esac

. /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hook-functions

# TODO Get fs type from some profile file.
for type in ext2; do
    prog="/sbin/fsck.${type}"
    if [ -h "$prog" ]; then
        link=$(readlink -f "$prog")
        copy_exec "$link"
        ln -s "$link" "${DESTDIR}/$prog"
    elif [ -x "$prog" ] ; then
        copy_exec "$prog"
    else
echo "Warning: /sbin/fsck.${type} doesn't exist, can't install to initramfs, ignoring."
    fi
done