They did a bit on this on NPR this morning.  They are stressing
the construction of *characters* which will drive the simulation because
of their interaction, eg, the starving child that doesn't speak english,
the nosy reporter asking sensitive questions, and so on.  The
entertainment side of the deal wants to reuse whatever is developed
in their movies and interactive works, so the line between the
real and the fictional blurs a bit more.

Anyone see the danger here?  Stereotypes are characterizations
of a shallow viewpoint that prompt quick thoughtless action.

If you can make their heart beat faster, can
you make their judgement superior?  Can we say MyLai?

Ah well... funding for SGI and USC.

Len
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.