"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote:

> Greetings Group,
>
> I am curious how one would go about having a tclet communicate with a server
> and store data to it that the tclet could retrieve later.  I would assume
> that you could use http and use put and get but this seems crude.
> Ideas?:)

Yes! I am using a tclet communicating with a server (written also in
Tcl). The server receives commands (one line at a time) processes them
and do various things (also stores information on a PostgreSQL
database).
I was using vTcl in order to write it.

I'm attaching you a small example. You will find also some code for a
"internal message box".
In Tclets you cannot use tk_messageBox so I was written a small piece of
code that makes an "inside frame" looking as a dialog box. It's also
movable :-)

Hope it helps!

Teo

sockdemo.tcl