Stewart,

I am really sorry about the copyright issue. I didn't intend to
violate your rights. I am new to the GPL and you are right,
the copyright notice must be kept intact.

I have restored the title image as well as all the headers.

I have added a line in the about box that says "Maintained by".
We could have a credits dialog with names.

Thanks for your feedback. What do you think of the following plan:

- I will complete the font manager

- I will remove the dependency from Itcl

- I will add an option for an "Image editor" in the Preferences.

- I need to do some modifications to make my changes more modular

- Once this is done (I hope in a few days), I will do a diff with
1.2 and send you the result, so that you can integrate it. I have
tried to indicate my changes in source files as much as possible
with comments.

The focus in/out events to set a property as soon as you click outside
an entry field are still giving me headaches... it is hard to handle
a sequence of events whose order you don't know (it's different
under Windows). Apparently in some cases if you select a widget
in the tree the variable vTcl(w,widget) is not set correctly and my
code tries to set a non-existent property for a widget. Sometimes
you click outside the properties dialog and you get a "Property
does not exist" type of message. I am sure this can be solved.

A message in the list pointed out that there is a 1.3 codebase. Are
my changes too deep to be integrated into 1.3 ? What if 1.2 gets
developed in parallel with 1.3 ?

Other than that, I think vTcl is a great software (and it is free) !
Compare it to Visual Studio 6.0 where you need to browse 1 Gig of
documentation to know how to change the background color of a control.

Christian Gavin