I think you are right about the emf representation of the embedded PPT:

word\embeddings\Microsoft_PowerPoint_Slide111.sldx corresonds to
media\image4.emf

there are 17 files in the embeddings folder and there are 17 .emf files in the
media folder. So it looks like every embedded file has a corresponding .emf
file

So your solution might work once the .emf files get converted to .svg I assume?

Am 26.07.16, 15:38 schrieb "Hussein Shafie" <huss...@xmlmind.com>:

    On 07/26/2016 12:02 PM, Thomas Dumm wrote:

    > I have a question related to PPT Presentations embedded in the Word
    > document:
    >
    > We get many Word-Documents that have lots of embedded MS Powerpoint
    > Slide presentations. The PPT presentations always consist of one single
    > slide. The authors are advised to use PPT as a drawing tool for (simple)
    > for their graphics. The simple graphics contain boxes connected with
    > lines and some text. When we convert to structured xhtml the embedded
    > PPTs are removed without a trace.
    >
    > Our current procedure to deal with this is: We make a printscreen of the
    > slide and replace it in the Word file. This is a tedious work and we
    > lose the connection between the PPT source and the Word File. I saw that
    > .emf is on your roadmap, and I know that PPT can be saved as .emf file.
    > So maybe you can envision a better way of dealing with embedded PPT
slides?

    > Thank you for any advice on how to deal with the situation.

    Please send us a sample document having embedded PPT slides.

    MS-Word very often automatically creates alternate representations of
    the same graphic. For example, your DOCX files could contain a PPT slide
    and as an alternate format, the corresponding EMF graphic.

    If this is the case, once we'll support the EMF format[*], your authors
    will not have to change their habits.

    ---
    [*] XMLmind Word To XML v1.2 automatically converts OpenXML math to
    MathML but does not support EMF yet. EMF support is indeed at the top of
    our TODO list.

--
XMLmind Word To XML Support List
w2x-support@xmlmind.com